Monday, July 6, 2015

Onward and Upward

Goodbye Sis. Grow
Hello Sis. Park
So this week was very interesting!  New area. New car. Happy days!  Our home is beautiful. The members that we live with are great!!!  We have a boxing bag!! And a gym downstairs where we live. I've never worked out so much in my life!! It's awesome!!
She's always wanted a boxing bag!!!


Driving has been fun.  I forgot that Road Rage was a thing that I had. Hello my old friend!

It's been the 4th of July weekend so there were a lot of people either not around or busy celebrating so we didn't get to teach a lot, which makes me sad.... But... on Saturday we were in a parade... a whole bunch of missionaries. It was cool. I got so tanned. Happy days I'm not "Shark Bait" anymore!!! :)


Before the Parade


A lot of fireworks this week.


I feel weird about this week just because I don't know the area or the people and we only taught like 15 lessons... so I just feel like it flew by with out anything significant happening.   The people here are all really great!!



Something happened during the parade though. Maybe it was just heat stroke! haha

But I looked around. I saw these hundreds and hundreds of people around us and realized that we, as a small group, were responsible for bringing them the gospel. It was like I all of a sudden just had this mini panic attack, and my smiley face turned to a terrified face for a few seconds!


It made me think of something our Mission President said during Stake Conference. He said that our missionary experiences will not grow our testimonies, but our testimonies will grow our missionary experiences!   There are people all around us all the time! There is never a reason to say "I didn't have the opportunity"   I think really when we say that, what we mean is "I don't have the faith to try and share it" so the stronger our faith is, the more willing we are to share it with others.
 

Because I always had the excuse of... I don't have time, or I don't talk to many non members.  Translation..... " I don't have faith, I don't have faith"    That sounds blunt but that's how I'm seeing it these days.  There is always someone around us to share the gospel with.  

Just freaking do it!

And if you're not going to do it... come up with a better excuse to tell the Lord.



I love you all so much. Thank you for the support and emails! I really do appreciate it!


The gospel is true!!!!!!!


Have a great week!!
With Sis. Aukuso and Sis. Park

Love Sister Botts

Sis Botts and Sis Bentham

No comments:

Post a Comment