Monday, February 29, 2016

We're Your People!



This week started out pretty poopy! haha We had Zone Conference on Tuesday, so we spend our P-day washing our car... old school with sponges and buckets! It was pretty sweet!
Then... we wanted to be extra sure, so we went through a car wash for a cheap rinse! Then we needed to vacuum it... cuz it was full of random little junks! But the machine would only take coins.. We had none and I wasn't willing to pay 3 bucks to draw cash! So... off to the house we went... picked up our vacuum cleaner, and went to the chapel to use an extension cord... Finally got the vacuum to the car... and oh... well look at that... it sucks!.... or should I say, it doesn't!!! Grrr!! So... we swept and wiped and swept some more... sooo much effort... so we gave up and go to our appointments and decide to wake up early before Zone Conference and get some cash to change into coins... sweet! Plan! We get there... stick the money in the machine... *SLURRRRP* Gone... ok forget that... off to Zone Conference with our unvacuumed, yet sparkly clean polished car!... Luckily we got a "Great" for our interior.. happy days!!  Zone Conference was good!! It always is!


We spent a lot of time this week helping people with moving!! It's good though!! I miss the good hard manual labour!! PUT ME TO WORK!! haha



I've spent part of the week just daydreaming about rugby... so weird. Sometimes I find myself thinking about home things... and then I wake up and my companion reminds me that it was 14 months to the day since I left home... and then I die a little bit because the time goes so fast, and I still feel like I haven't done anything! How the freak has the time gone so fast!! I don't believe it!



This week.... Has a very special day in it though!... March 5th... Why is it special.... No!!! not that!! :/


Because I get to go to the temple with the Lujans as they are sealed as a family!!!! How exciting is that!!! Nothing better to be doing on that day!!
At the Denver Temple in October



Freak I Love my mission so much!! We have been sharing with the active members a message about Missionary work and the importance of it... and that's just reminded me even more of how important it is!! During one of our lessons I just felt that I needed to turn to 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon... I didn't understand why, I thought that surely there is no relevance there to our lesson on missionary work... and then I came up to the page that I had marked when Elder Nash was here... it was in ch 11 when Christ appears to the Nephites and when they recognise who He is, they say "Hosanna"
Christ appeared to the Nephites
That word doesn't just mean like "Oh yay" like I had thought a few years, back but it actually means "Oh Grant Salvation"

3 Nephi 11:17
 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.

... then in verse 21 Jesus Christ tells them that he is giving them the power to baptise the people when he is gone...

21 And the Lord said unto him: I give unto you power that ye shall baptize this people when I am again ascended into heaven.

So in essence... Jesus comes, the people say "Oh, Grant salvation" and then He does! He gives them that power to baptise and bring people to His True Gospel.




And now we have that power! That Priesthood Authority to once again "Grant Salvation" how freaking sweet is that? So it's not only a blessing that we have... but a responsibility to share the gospel with others and to help them come to the gospel... and we can't do that alone... we really do need to involve the missionaries in that process! If you have friends that are interested in the gospel, have the missionaries help teach them... We had this discussion with a member last night... He is returning to activity in the gospel and he has a lot of friends who are not members. We told him that he was in a position to share the gospel with so many people... Then we told him that he needed to involve us in that process...  He thought he'd be smart and said "you just want more people to teach" I had my sassy pants on and responded quite honestly with "No, They're your friends, I'm sure you want them to have the gospel... but the truth of the matter is that we're probably 100 times better at teaching the gospel than you are... so ..." And that ended that... haha... It was funny... but true. I'm not talking only about myself, all missionaries are set apart to do this! So if you want success in bringing your friends and family to the gospel... we're your people!! haha
We're your people



Anyway! I freaking love this gospel! I love the people that I've been able to meet in the last 14 months and I'm so excited to see what the next 5 will bring!! Transfers are next week so we shall see where I end up or if I stay! I'd like to stay!


Anyhoo.... I love you all!!


Make Good Choices!!


:)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, precious. You moment s of inspiration are amazing. We love you HUGELY

    ReplyDelete