Monday, February 22, 2016

Off Road and On Track



I legit spoke to an Olympic rugby player this week.... Freaking made my day!
We went to the Olympic Training Center and took the tour.
I, of course, was wearing my Springbok rugby jersey because... just because. So anyway... we're walking down the stairs at the end of the tour and I'm talking to Sister Kirby and Sister Adams about crocodiles eating people (seriously!), and this woman is looking at me kinda strange and she turns around and says "Rugby?" and I'm like YESSS!!! Just excited that someone actually wants to talk about rugby with me. So we chatted and then she's like.. Oh yeah, I play for the Eagles... which is the USA team... so there's that. It was pretty schweet... and now I've been wanting to play rugby all week. When I get home... I'mma kick some serious butt.... that'll be fun!!



That'll give me a reason to start seriously working out in the mornings again!! Ok Go! I have like 5 months to lose 20lbs... that's possible right? I probably drink like 60 lbs of soda a month anyway! Haha ... and since I've given that up for "Lent" hahaha...


Other than that it's been a pretty quiet week! I got to have breakfast with someone from my first area!  That was so great! We also had breakfast at Denny's on Tuesday before we had to go to an early appointment ... it was sweet! Our server was Baptist and we had a good talk! She said to us "well since you are in your missionary uniforms, we are going to give you your 10% "uniform discount" haha that was pretty sweet!


I found my soul mate this week! His name is Lugnut and he is super buff! We pretty much made out for like our entire appointment. #true love. #calmdownitsadog

New love- Lugnut



I am loving this area! I'm scared to say it because whenever I do, I usually get moved... But I really love the people here! You know how you go somewhere and you find the people that you were supposed to go there to find. I think that really happened this week! So many people that I've just been like... aaagh! I love them! Such good people here that I've learned so much from!! Let me staaaaaaay!!! hahaha




On Saturday it was super sunny and we didn't have any set appointments except for one at 10 am and then later in the afternoon, so we got our bikes and went to the park to talk to some people! It was so nice! Super sunny and there was a bike trail that we took with a bunch of people on it... and a sweet lookout point where there were binoculars, and so we got off and looked... and there were turtles lying on a rock... I got way over excited! It was like being back in South Africa in the KNP again!! It was pretty sweet! So we ended up talking to a bunch of people. My butt hurt after all that off road biking, but it was sweet! I forgot how much I loved being on my bike!!
Back on the bike



It's almost the end of the transfer again... and thus the end of training! That 3 months went too fast and dragged all at the same time! 3 transfers left. That blows my mind!! I don't get how that happens! Missions are supposed to feel like forever, and you're supposed to count down the days until you get to go home.... right??? Because I'm not there yet?!! So maybe I'll just stay here until that day comes ok?






I've been thinking about prayer a lot this week and then we taught a few lessons on it also...  I realised how my prayers were not sincere enough... or at least I don't think they are. Sometimes I think prayers are just for things I can't do by myself, or that asking for things is weak.... even from Heavenly Father... But then as I was thinking about prayer, and I remembered the scriptures in Matthew 26:36-39  

36 ¶Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.


Even Jesus Christ prayed to Heavenly Father for help and comfort....and if He needs to... well I'm nothing compared to Him so I definitely need to right?


Alma 37:37 in the Book of Mormon is my fave! Because it says "counsel" which suggests that it is a two way conversation... not just leaving a message on the phone.

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.





Anyway.... the time is almost up... and we have to go wash our car... it's filthy and Zone Conference is tomorrow! Have a great week!!


I love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment