Monday, January 11, 2016

If You Love Me....Because I Love You

This week was soooooooooooooooo long!!!  I know I said I wanted time to slow down but really... that was long! Hahaha

Well... I had been studying on Saturday the scripture that says "If ye Love me, keep my commandments"

I'm weird and I like to see real deep into these short little scriptures.

I came to the conclusion that this is one of the most loving scriptures that I've ever read!


It's really not a case of "if you love me, prove it to me by listening to what I say and do it"

I feel that it's more a case of "I love you and I want to be with you for eternity. Do you love me too? If you want to be with me too,  here is how you can do it. Follow these instructions and we will see each other again"
How loving is that?  It's not because He wants us to shut up and obey... it's because He wants us back! He wants us to be in His presence for the rest of eternity, and the only way we can do that is by following His directions that will help us return.
If we 'Hold to the Rod' we will be safe.
In His presence for eternity
I studied this on Saturday morning and then had the opportunity to feel that... I felt a little of what I think Heavenly Father feels when we disobey him. I imagine that His heart breaks so much and He wants to take away all of the consequences, but He knows that the only way we learn and progress is by dealing with the consequences of our choices...
I imagine it must be very painful for Him to go through that multiple times a day.


On a funny note... lemme tell you why you should always keep your eyes on where you're going.

On Wednesday, Sister Adams and I were leaving the place where we were doing service and, as we walked outside, these 2 guys who do service there said "You leaving already?" so me... now I'm playing it all cool, slowly stepping backwards as I tell them "We've been here since 11 already" and then...... SMACK!!!!! Stepped right off a curb about a foot high... and I didn't tumble or roll... just from feet straight to my butt... in the middle of the street... a main street, none the less. They jumped up, but I was so embarrassed I was already up before they could get to me... My ego was so bruised... and so was my butt. OUCH!


I was so mortified!!  Everyone always says I fall so gracefully which is nice and all... but it means they've seen me fall multiple times... so yeah.. awkward!

Anyway... this week had been an odd one... I'm excited for the start of a new week now!!  

I don't have too much to say right now... or rather the desire to say too much.. haha I'm sleepy.

Well... I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!



BYEEEEEEEEE  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your insight on that scripture. Never thought of it like that before. Have a great week going forward.

    ReplyDelete