Monday, November 23, 2015

Mission B!!!

Well this week has just flown by... what the heck!?
Last week Elder Nash of the Seventy came to our mission. Flip! It was so amazing!! It was such a good few days!  We woke up at 4:30 on Thursday morning to get ready and travel up to Pueblo where the meeting would be held. It was so icy cold. Minus 7 degrees Celcius that morning.  The insides of our windows were frozen in the car. It was pretty cool.
Icy mornings
We met with some other missionaries and followed one another up.    It was so pretty driving through the snowy mountains. No snow on the roads, it hadn't snowed since Monday... but the mountains were so pretty as the sun rose... and then there were deer crossing the road too. So cool!! It was such a nice drive up!
Early morning drive to the Springs


Finally we get to the Chapel in Pueblo. We got there an hour early so that some of the missionaries in our travelling crew could practice their musical number...  and you know how I like to be early!! So that was nice! Haha!
Chapel in Pueblo

The meeting started at 9.00. I said the opening prayer... I almost died. So scary like! At least I got to do the opening one and get it done with haha.
 There aren't enough hours in the day to tell you everything that I learned from that meeting. It was so great! I learned so so so much!

One of the things Elder Nash talked about was when he talked with one of the sisters who was involved with filming "the District" videos, and the difference implementing "Preach my Gospel" made to her mission. She said that before was Mission A and after was Mission B.
Preach My Gospel - A Guide to Missionary Service

===li'l back story===
At the beginning, before the opening prayer, we all got to get up and shake Elder Nash's hand.  He stared my soul down and then asked me where I was from. Then he told me he wanted to hear me speak more because I speak more beautiful English than he ever could... knowing that they were randomly picking 3 people to speak on something that we were meant to prepare in case... I quickly assured him that I would be praying... so I wouldn't need to talk any more... haha
He laughed and then asked me "Are you working hard" while still staring in to my soul...  well I can't very well lie to him! So I responded "Not as hard as I should be. I will change". He just said "good, we need that" and then I carried on my merry way and talked to our Area Seventy and then Mission President and his wife, before sitting down...

===end of back story===

So after everything... after all the amazing talks and teaching we received from Sister and President Rehm and then Sister and Elder Nash... the meeting is over... Elder Nash walks down and shakes my hand and looks into my soul again and says "Mission B right?"

Flip!! Well of course!! I was already excited for Mission B... but then I was like.... well I better get on to it!
Mission Conference with Elder Nash

Next day we had a special leadership council with Elder Nash and so we spent the night in the Springs... we were sooo pooped and tired... but as soon as that alarm went off all I could think was "Mission B!!!" and I was up like a bolt of lightning, ready to go for the day! And I haven't snoozed the alarm even once since then. It's been mission B for 4 mornings now and it's going great!  Even 5 minutes extra sleep in the morning is disobedient... the only way is obedience.   I am certain that we are going to get at least 2 new investigators this week... and we are going to work our butts off.  Mission B is so exciting!!


After the meeting we headed back home. We followed the Zone Leaders home. We stopped for dinner though in a place called Canon City. There's this burger place where they feed missionaries for free, Big Burger World.  Dang! those burgers were so freaking huge!! It's crazy! I wasn't feeling like eating too much so I ate some Jalepeno cream cheese Poppers and then some fried pickles
Fried Pickles
... mmmm it was good... The two Elders got burgers bigger than their heads... so gross!
  Then we headed home through Salida, where maybe I used my Monte Vista lock picking skills and broke into the sisters' apartment to get chocolate cake..
Yum!!!
They said we could have some. It was good.  Mmmmm cake!   Then we headed home... and to bed! Agh! Bed was so nice and comfy!!!

The next morning, Saturday, it was back up to Salida for district meeting... We usually have district meeting 15 minutes away, but the poor Salida sisters have to drive 75 minutes each way every week... so we had it up there this week! It was cool. Salida is pretty!
Salida
So this past week has been pretty busy...  it's been a good but weird week! Lots of things we had to do but not a lot of time in our area. This week will be good because we get to spend all of it in our area... granted we have 2 exchanges this week... but we will have someone in the area for the next 8 days in a row!!! :)

Well... that's my say for the week!

This week I will have been out for 11 months.... yuck!

Hope you have a great week!!


Love you all!

The church is true!!!!!!!!!



:) 

1 comment:

  1. You are SO amazing and we are blessed to be able to read your blog every week. Thanks for sharing your mission with us. We feel your strength and testimony as we read your experiences and it strengthens us.

    ReplyDelete